Thursday, October 30, 2008

the fourth: oh my god!

Oh my god, oh my god!
NaNoWriMo is on Saturday!!!
Eeeeheehehehehejfkldsjfkjdasfs oh.my.god! I'm so happy, I'm so excited---

I'm so fucked.

I'm watching everyone go into depth and work on their outlines and their names and their maps (@the inky lizard: amazing map! I can't wait to see what you have in store!!), watching the free writes that just seem to leak out of sweet phantasm's fingers in just ten minutes (I keep saying I'm going to do more but I set a time limit and then... I just stare at Q10 blankly until some crap comes out and then I just ctrl+a and delete).

My neurotic OCD tendencies towards my prose aside (I have more OCD tendencies than I care to share), what about my story?

First of all, it's not capitalized.
Who's going to take that seriously?

Third of all: close to 1700 words a day?
In my personal journal, my first two entries are close to 1400 and 1600 and at the ending points of those posts, I'm expressing concern for writing too much.

So how am I going to get this interesting?
Who's going to want to read the day-by-day happenings in just a journal format of a love-sick girl? There are no names, there is no plot, no map, no anything.

I know I wouldn't really be inclined to pick up a love letter that's over 50,000 words.



but,
I do intend on seeing this through.
I have unexpressed reasons for writing this and I do want to see to it that I complete it.

So, ladies (and Dan), before any of this crazy next month starts, I want to thank you for your support. I'll try to keep up this journal to continue to express my doubts, any confidence, and a whole lot of complaining, even if I am prone to keeping it to myself.

God only knows that the lizard and phantasm are going to have to rope this squiggle into her chair for an entire month and stick to this thing. I hope you guys are as excited for the word wars I'll be hitting you with several times a day/night as I am.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait! I really am not as prepared as I show myself to be. The outline I'm working on isn't getting anywhere fast and I'm concerned that I won't have much to work off of once Saturday comes. =( But .. nevertheless .. I'm ready to take it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fucked, too, don't you worry. What I got in my head is starting to sound like a short story, not a novel.

    This November, I learn how to be long-winded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No preparedness here, just a few character names and a figment calling itself a plot. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete